CM is a major cause of illness in people living with HIV/AIDS most notably individuals with a CD4 count of below 100. It's a troublesome opportunistic infection. About a million cases of the disease are reported worldwide each year, resulting in approximately 625,000 deaths. Cryptococcal Antigen (also called "CRAG") is detectable weeks before the onset of the disease symptoms (which include a stiff neck, headache, confusion, nausea & vomiting, sensitivity to bright light, & blurred vision). Screening for cryptococcal antigenaemia in patients at risk is clinically important, and does prevent high hospitalization costs and deaths! Especially in a point-of-care setting...
With this test, you can now diagnose Cryptococcosis early enough, before it causes complications which may be fatal to the patient. The test is so easy to use that it can be applied to a laboratory, as well as any point-of-care settings. Just ONE STEP is what is needed to get a result in 10 minutes.
- Affordable: better price-performance ratio compared to culture & microscopy
- Sensitive: more than 98.86% compared with culture/India ink
- Specific: more than 98.83% compared with culture/India ink
- User-friendly: one-step procedure in qualitative testing. No predilution of reagents required
- Rapid: only 10 minutes of testing required during the patient's visit
- Equipment-free: even the most resource-limited clinic, hospital, or doctor's room can offer this test
- Delivered: room temperature (2-30˚C) storage, accessible to anyone in any clinical setting
We offer a set of positive and negative controls with every 5 kits bought. StrongStep® Cryptococcal Antigen Test is CE-marked and can also be used for a semi-quantitative method. By performing 10 serial dilutions of a patient's specimen, a titre can be determined as follows:
We are the sole distributors of the StrongStep® Cryptococcal Antigen Test in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Lesotho, Namibia, Malawi, Angola, Botswana, Swaziland, Seychelles and Mauritius.