Mycoplasma contamination can cause deterioration of growth and viability of a normal cell, synthesis of DNA/RNA and protein expression. Contaminated cultures must be isolated and destroyed quickly to avoid cross contamination. Testing for Mycoplasma is an essential quality control tool to ensure accurate research and biotechnological products!
- Change in cell morphology and growth pattern
- Reduced cell activity
- Problems with transfection
- Presence of black particles in culture media
- Presence of black holes on cell surfaces
We have a complete range of solutions to help with your Mycoplasma problem. With our products you can prevent, detect, and eliminate Mycoplasma from your cell cultures!
MycoClean™ Mycoplasma Prevention Spray
Contaminated lab equipment and surfaces are common sources of Mycoplasma. Frequent cleansing of these surfaces is required to reduce the risk of contamination.
MycoClean™ Mycoplasma Prevention Spray is an effective solution for reliable disinfection of laboratory surfaces and equipment including benches, incubators, cell storage boxes, and liquid nitrogen containers.
e-Myco™ Mycoplasma PCR Detection Kit
e-Myco™ kit (version 2.0) uses a set of primers designed to detect the presence of Mycoplasma in cell cultures. Conventional culture on selective media can take many days, whereas with our 16S rRNA-based PCR kit, results are obtainable within few hours.
- Superior sensitivity: Detect Mycoplasma at little as 10 CFU/ml
- Convenient: Premixed, Aliquoted and Dried reagents. Just add template!
- Fast: Ready-to-use, results in less than 2 hours
- Broad detection range: Detect from 49 to 209 Mycoplasma species
- Stability: Vacuum packaging to prevent hydration and oxidation (8-MOP System)
M-Solution™ 1-2 Antibiotics (100X) are antibiotic formulations designed to treat Mycoplasma-infected cell cultures. We provide M-Solution™ 1 Antibiotic (Tiamutin) and M-Solution™ 2 Antibiotic (Minocycline). These two solutions are used sequentially over a period of 1 week. The cycle is repeated 2-3 times for effective removal. The solutions carry no toxicity to cells.
After treatment, it is recommended to use the e-Myco™ Mycoplasma PCR kit to check for successful elimination of Mycoplasma.
We are here to help you beat Mycoplasma! Talk to us, firstname.lastname@example.org